• Preservation and promotion of Jammu Basmati. A novelty of the area.
• Introduction of Pusa Basmati varieties in non Basmati growing areas. (early maturing varieties)
• Promotion of seed replacement with introduction of new varieties, and disease and pest management in wheat, maize, oilseeds and pulses.
• Introduction of new fodder varieties, increasing area under fodder crops, round the year fodder production.
• Promotion of HYVs, Insect pest management, round the year cultivation, healthy nursery raising of vegetable crops.
• Commercial Farming including Floriculture, Mushroom, Dairy, Poultry, Fisheries and diversification.
• Seed production of Basmati Paddy for further spread in the district.